Easy-to-join training weekend Equip Espoo! 1-3/10/2021
(We don’t accept anymore participants)
Co-Christian Friendship & Gospel training weekend – free for you.
How to discuss faith in a natural, understandable, respectful and listening way
Warm encounters with loved ones and acquaintances – with friendship and the Gospel
Overcome your fears, learn connecting and witnessing skills, and discipleship
Where and when?
You can follow teaching in Zoom or on-site at the base in Leppävaara or in any other place where you want to meet as a team.
- The base on Friday 1/10 is Uuttu Chapel (Lintukulma 2, Espoo)
- The base on Saturday–Sunday 2–3/10 is Leppävaaran Lähetyskappeli (Pentecostal Church, Vallikallionkuja 1, Espoo)
In addition, we meet our friends and acquaintances in homes and cafes and through video calls, across the Helsinki metropolitan area, and if desired, strangers on the streets
You can take part in weekends no matter where you live
- See the weekend schedule below
Real learning happens in practice – safely together.
In on-the-job-training / hands-on practice, you are led by an XEE-trained teamleader in a 3-person team
You don’t have to know anything, you can just come along casually
Every Christian from different churches – church members as well as church leaders.
If you have hardly told about faith to non-believers, or it’s a long time since the last witnessing, you can start it safely now
If you are a more experienced witness, you learn new ideas and effective concepts for sure – Moreover, you learn how to equip others
- If you are a leader, you get in touch with a highly practical and mobilizing evangelism and disciple-making tool
The task given by Jesus to tell about Him and to make disciples belongs to each of us.
Get up for the most important task!
(Finnish / Eastern European Summer Time GMT+3. Teaching and feedback sessions are at the base and in Zoom.)
Friday 1/10 – Uuttu Chapel (Lintukulma 2)
17–18 Opening: weekend goals, on-the-job-training instructions
18–19 Dinner break and getting to know your own team
19–21 On-the-job-training (OJT)* by teams
Saturday 2/10 – Leppävaaran Lähetyskappeli (Vallikallionkuja 1)
10–12:30 OJT feedback, life circles, building connection
12:30–13:30 Lunch break
13:30–16 Natural witnessing in everyday life and understandable Gospel
16–19 On-the-job-training (OJT)* by teams, and dinner break
(There are short breaks in the middle of teaching sessions. Teaching includes interactive training in groups.)
Sunday 3/10 – Leppävaaran Lähetyskappeli (Vallikallionkuja 1)
11–12:30 Celebration: praise, testimonies from the weekend, speech
13–14 Lunch break
14–15 OJT feedback (from Saturday)
15–18 On-the-job-training (OJT)* by teams, and dinner break
18–20 OJT & weekend feedback, and how to move forward
Monday 4/10 – Lunch and Turning Point Afternoon for Leaders
12–15 Pastors’ and church leaders’ joint lunch: wrapping up the weekend, the next steps, coaching, implementation, multiplication, mobilization
* The OJT is a hands-on practice that may be a video call, a meeting at home or in a cafe or encounters on the street. If possible, the three-person teams will be made so that people in a team are from the same area. So OJT’s can be done locally in different parts of the Helsinki metropolitan area. If you want, your team may follow the Zoom teaching in the same place together and go for OJT’s from there. Or each team member may follow the teaching in their own home, after which the OJT can be a video call or the team can meet in an agreed place and go for the OJT.
Encourage yourself and join the weekend training! It’s safe and great learning!
Training is organized by XEE – Evangelism Explosion Finland in cooperation with different churches.